AFPM, in coordination with American Jobs for America’s Heroes (AJAH), recently hosted a free webinar entitled “How to Achieve Greater Success in Hiring Veterans, National Guard Members and Reservists” which is now available.
Two AJAH national leaders with extensive hands-on experience in helping thousands of Guard members and veterans successfully transition to the civilian workforce reviewed specific ways that companies can improve your recruiting success. Topics included:
- How state National Guard commands are working with employers to help streamline the recruiting process
- Preparing job specs and postings that will attract rather than turn-off veterans
- Interpreting military candidate experience and training accurately
- Conducting interviews that reveal how military skills and experiences can match with your job requirements
- Gaining the most from free benefits offered by the American Jobs for America’s Heroes campaign and military employment counselors
- Avoiding mistakes that cause veterans to turn down your offers