Are you an educator or parent looking for a range of industry related tools to assist with lesson plans, classroom demonstrations and activities? Several organizations have a variety of resources available ranging from kindergarten to graduate school levels.
American Chemical Society - Chemistry Education Resources provides lesson plans, classroom activities and video demonstrations for students ranging from elementary school to college including:
- Adventures in Chemistry
- Inquiry in Action (grades 3-5)
- Middle School Chemistry
- High School Chemistry Educational Resources
- Higher education resources for undergraduate, two-year college and graduate level professors and faculty
Chemical Educational Foundation, which is a nationally-recognized, award-winning nonprofit organization committed to enhancing science education among every generation, has lesson plans, educational tools and professional development workshops including:
- You Be the Chemist® activity guides for educators with over 50 lesson plans featuring activities which use common household materials and include separate lesson sets geared towards grades K-4 and 5-8.
- You Be the ChemistSM Essential Elements program which is a professional development workshop designed to provide K-8 educators “essential elements” in education with methods for teaching chemistry concepts through hands-on learning and real-world connections.
National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER’s) Connection Map helps connect educators with the construction industry. This interactive map provides the resources needed to make meaningful education-to-industry connections in your area.
Ohio Means Jobs K-12 assists with the exploration of a range of career opportunities and helping students with career planning.